uPVC SWR FITTINGS
Laying Instruction & Jointing Procedure:
Initially the spigot end of the pipe is to be inserted into the socket end of the pipe of fitting to be joined and then mark the insertion depth on the spigot end with the help of a felt pen or a marker.
Withdraw the pipe from the socket end and clean the outside of the pipe’s spigot end and inside of the sealing groove of the pipe / fitting thoroughly.
Apply the Rubber Lubricant uniformly to the spigot end, sealing ring and push the spigot and into the socket containing sealing ring until fully home.
Then withdraw the pipe from the socket by about 10 mm to compensate towards thermal expansion.
Spacing of Pipe Clips:
With the horizontal runs, the pipe clips should be placed at intervals of not more than ten times the outside diameter of the pipes. The vertical lines are to be spaced at intervals of one meter to a maximum of two meters according to the pipe diameter.
For concealed installation of drain lines, slots should be made in the wall/concrete. The wall/concrete slots should allow a stress-free installation. Sharp edges should be avoided.
For the pipes and fittings to be inserted into the slots, a thin coat of PVC solvent Cement should be applied on the external surface of the pipe followed by a sprinkling of dry sand of medium type. Then allow it to dry. This forms a good base for proper cement fixation.
The same process is to be followed while jointing uPVC pipe/fitting to existing CI/AC SWR system.
Installation of fittings with Door for inspection and cleaning:
Ori-Plast manufactures and markets a wide range of Fittings with Inspection Doors. These can be used at suitable points to provide access for inspection and cleaning.
For laying of uPVC pipes in trenches for use in drainage and sewerage disposal system, the trench width should not be less than 300 mm, while the depth should be about 600-1000 mm, depending upon the size of the pipe and the slope required for the gravity flow.
Inspection Pits with covers should be provided at convenient locations, a must while there is a change in direction, for inspection and cleaning.
The pipeline should be tested before the trench is filled back.
Testing & Commissioning:
Ori-Plast uPVC SWR drainage system with Rubber Sealing Ring joints can be directly put to use immediately after installation, as no waiting time is required for joints to be set and dried.
However for testing, seal hermetically all openings below the top of the section to be tested. The water level should then be raised to a height of not less than three meters above the highest point of the section to be tested.
Every joint should be carefully examined for leaks before the system is put into use, by either air test, hydraulic test or smoke test.
- Lightweight: Convenient and cost effective as transportation and handling is easy. A combined advantages of lightness, flexibility & use of pre-fabrication results in substantial savings in time and money.
- Chemical Resistance: Unaffected by a wide range of chemicals, these Pipes & Fittings are ideally suited for application.
- Rodent Repellent: Special treatment at compounding stage ensures that the product is immune to rodent attacks.
- High Flow Rate: Excellent flow properties that remains constant throughout its life, mainly possible due to the smooth internal surface.
- Non-Flammable: Self extinguishing as it does not support combustion.
- Non-Conductive: Safe from attacks by galvanic or electrolytic action.
- Weather Resistant: Excellent outdoor weathering performance due to specially blended UV stabilized compound.
- Corrosion Resistant: Constant contact with water does not affect the material.
- Aesthetic Superiority: Far superior when compared to conventional CI & AC systems.
- Performance: Trouble free functioning saves on inspection and maintenance costs.
- High Impact Strength: Not prone to mechanical damages due to handling and transportation.